Run-4-Life! is an annual running fundraising event where Vinfen staff raise donations to enhance the health and well-being of people.
Vinfen runs for life. The average life expectancy for people with serious mental health conditions is 25-30 years shorter compared to the general population. This is largely due to treatable medical conditions that are caused by lifestyle risk factors like smoking, obesity, and inadequate access to medical care. The good news is that people can take steps to influence these factors and significantly reduce the likelihood of an adverse health outcome.
By running, we increase awareness and funds that support people’s health. Any funds donated go directly to:
- Developing programs that increase health awareness
- Encouraging physical activity
- Providing nutritional education
- Creative opportunities for exercise and fitness
- Promoting community involvement and partnerships that support healthy living
- Programmatic microgrants