The Autism Support Center at Vinfen is designed to provide an array of information and referral services, resources, and supports to children and young adults up to age 22 with autism and their families. Services and supports include information and referrals, trainings, access to the latest information on autism, consultative clinics, support groups, parent and peer networking and mentoring, social and recreational events, and other activities.
These services are intended for families with children or young adults who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) including those who have an intellectual and developmental disability and those who do not. Center services may be particularly helpful to families whose child has just received a diagnosis of ASD and can be a one-stop resource for information, resources, and expertise. Some families may maintain regular involvement with the Autism Support Center, while others may use these resources on an intermittent basis, particularly at different transition points.
The Vinfen Autism Support Center also offers Autism Support Broker services for children up to the age of 9 who are enrolled in the Department of Developmental Services’ Autism Waiver Program (AWP) for Children. The goal of AWP is to help young children with autism using an intensive set of in-home supports and services to address the core deficits of ASD including social emotional reciprocity, communication, and restrictive interests. This program can provide behavioral, social, and communication-based interventions as well as related support services such as community integration and respite services. The Autism Waiver Program is a self-directed service program, which means that families play a significant role in hiring staff and identifying the services they wish to have in place for their child to receive.
DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICE (DDS):
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR AUTISM WAIVER OCTOBER 15-30, 2021
Applications and information on the Autism Waiver are now available on the DDS/Autism division website. Any enrollment forms submitted previously will be discarded. Families must apply again during this open enrollment period to remain on the waitlist.
Applications MUST be postmarked or emailed between October 15 and 30, 2021.
Important information on the Waiver:
- This crucial program allows MassHealth eligible children with autism to access intensive treatments in their homes and communities.
- The program is limited to children between the ages of 0-8 who are MassHealth eligible and at risk of residential placement now or at some point in the future.
- Eligible children are chosen for Autism Waiver services on a lottery basis and once chosen, receive intensive in-home therapies, services, and supports for 3 years, or until the child reaches the age of 9. After 3 years the child is eligible for less intensive step-down services until age 9. The waiver also provides related support services such as community integration activities and respite.
- For the application, go to DDS Autism Waiver Service Program (AWP) Open Interest Period 2021 | Mass.gov.
- To find your local Autism Center to receive assistance filling out the application, please visit: Autism support centers list | Mass.gov.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.